Friday, November 25, 2005

Post Thanksgiving Stupor-Not really

I had a very relaxing Thanksgiving yesterday with a good portion of my relatives from my dad's side of the family. We started eating around 2 or so and broke the meal up into courses until sometime in the evening. Of course we have the appropriate wine with each course. What a pleasure it is to have wine selected by someone who knows what they are doing-as opposed to a hack like me...

Today was a day to chill around the house and of course eat turkey sandwiches and pie in copious quantities-though I did go shopping in an attempt to procure some dress shoes. As usual my oafish feet made my trip unsuccessful but it was good to get out of the house.

On a different note, a very good friend of mine stopped by with her mother. It was good to catch up with her-especially considering she lives in DC and I can never seem to get my act together to go visit her down there. Consequently, I only ever seem to see her up here. She is an amazing young lady and I am consistently impressed by her ability to make her way in a tough business and keep challenging herself to go beyond her comfort zone. Honestly, at times I feel like a slouch compared to her though I guess we are both working our way into doing jobs that we really will love some day. I think that I could definitely stand to learn from her and perhaps borrow a little of her hutzpah...

Anyway, I should go be social with my relatives. Perhaps more on various and sundry later.

No comments: