Tuesday, June 03, 2008

"I"

This is a song I put together 3/10/07 and I figured it was about time to share it... It is pretty simple but sometimes simple is the best way to make a point.

I
v. 1
Another day of falling on my face,
Of feeling out of place
Trying just to find my way
As I stumble day by day
Trapped between the walls these hands have made.

Chorus:

Who I am, is not who I want to be,
Is not who I planned to be,
I can’t discern the plans You have for me.
Who I am, is not who I try to be
Is not who I hope to be
When I look in the mirror, I don’t like who I see

v.2
And I know You’re working to complete
The works that You’ve begun in me
Yet when I look around,
I find my hope is found
Only in what I see in me.

Chorus

Bridge:
But my eyes can only see so far
For my vision’s clouded by
All that is within me that doesn’t come from You.

v.3
It is only when I realize
That I cannot see but through your eyes
The wondrous life You’ve made in me
That in your presence I might be,
A glorious work of Your hands, if only I could understand…

Chorus (modified)
That who I am, is not who I want to be
But Your Grace surrounds me
For I am uniquely created to live within Your love.
Who I am I is not who I try to be,
From my striving set me free
That I may live the life You gave to me.

No comments: